05 May 2009

From finance to dressmaking

This is Julia's latest toy:

*Drum Roll Please*

A MINI SEWING MACHINE :)

Unboxing the sewing machine I find a bag of small accessories, a foot pedal and an AC adapter. The machine comes pre-threaded for immediate use, it sews in durable chain-lock stitch, uses large spool, has 2 speed controls, can be hand or pedal operated and cordless option is available.

I've wanted this for a while now, since I first saw it for $99 on tv's shopping channel.

All I had to do was remove the plastic sleeve and voila!

In high school I took 2 years of sewing classes. During which (from memory) I've made a tote bag, a singlet, a dress, 5 pillows and a pair of (transparent) shorts.

I made this red floral dress in year 8. We took the photo at the girls' swap party few months ago. Each of us had to pick a crazy outfit to take photos in... and I can't believe Ruth chose mine :(

Foot pedal control.

For a mere $25, go get yours from The Reject Shop!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails