05 May 2009

Japanese Crepe

This morning reading the book of Job I had unprecedented cravings for Japanese crepes.

Totally random but exciting nonetheless!

No, this photo was not found in the Bible so don't go searching for it in the book of Job.
How can anyone resist such beautiful thing?

Without much hesitation I quickly grabbed my purse and headed down to the nearest IGA.

Whoa the strawberries are a bit over priced! Being a good steward of money, I opted for bananas (@ 4.99 per kg) instead. So this morning's crepe will be banana choc flavored :)

Fresh hot crepe off the machine. A nice, beautiful golden colour :) It took literally minutes to prepare and one minute to make... Cleaning up? Wipe the machine with a piece of tissue and it's good as new. Unbelievable! The kitchen was filled with the sweet savour of aromatic crepe.

Time to get creative; this was the BEST part!

For my crepe I did:

1. Spread nutella as base
2. Whipped some cream (so that the crepe won't be so dry)
3. Sliced half a banana and layered them on top of each other
4. Added a scoop of Wendy's Cookies n Cream ice cream
5. Sprinkled Cadbury milk chocolate flakes
6. Decorated with a piece of chocolate.

The rolled up final product.

So what's the verdict you ask?

D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

Utterly, amazingly delicious!

Next time I want to make ice cream chocolate Oreo crepes, strawberry and ice cream crepes and apple/cinnamon yogurt crepes.

One day I might even challenge savoury crepes :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails