14 May 2009

Pleasant Thursday


This afternoon I found myself with an hour to spare before the CA tutorial. Without giving it much thoughts I headed toward the new business school labs where the snazzy computers reside. Few minutes later I am reassured by the familiar humming of 15 amazing pieces of technology that everything's going to be okay.

But it wasn't okay.

From the First Lab I was soon kicked out as the second year Business Econometrics students entered for their lab session. The Second Lab was packed full of rejects from the First Lab (too bad I wasn't fast enough) and Lab number Three belongs exclusively to Honors students.

Topping the experience off, every cell in my body detested the idea of walking 15 minute back to Reid Library so that I could be in queue for 10 minutes and maybe gain access to an unfortunately slow grandfather computer.

Defeated and insecure, I sat down on the nearest lawn, stretched out my legs and looked up...


And that, was exactly what I saw.

The weather was beautiful, the sun shun through the foliage felt warm on my skin. Moments ago I was in the centre of a dense population of Asians, yet moments later God led me to a mini oasis.

UWA Business School

Part of the Business School

Car park

Taking out the Bible, I began reading the book of Job, some Psalms and Song of Solomon. 40 minutes went past in an blink of an eye. I had a real blessed time with God!

Make shift pillow... I laid down and hit the water bottle inside. That was actually quite painful.

Later in the day I indulged while shopping for luggages: a three scoop of Gelatino ice cream from Harbour Town!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails