04 November 2008

Red Bull Air Race 2008


Red Bull Air Race has been in Perth for a while now and as this world championship takes place in my own backyard, I hibernated.

Well, not this year.

Early Saturday morning Rowas and I took the train and ferry to check out what this competition of speed, precision and skill is all about. In true RJ style, we woke up fashionably late and missed the bus.

Noice.

After much waiting and traveling, we finally arrived at South Perth foreshore, found ourselves a clean spot on the sandy patch ready to be amazed by extraordinary pilots.

If you have never been to the race, I strongly recommend it. The day was entertaining, relaxing, fun and just sitting there made me appreciate Perth a whole lot more. I often take for granted the little things Perth has to offer just because it isn't as "busy" as other major cities.

One advise tho, SUNSCREEN!!!! At the end of the day I had a thick layer of sunscreen that required serious scrubbing before coming off!


On the ferry :)

Front of House!

Early morning shot


guard with a TWYL tract

About 70 tracts were given out within 20 minutes!

Painting the sky

Entry Gates

Cute as pie

Heli :)

Here comes the plane

*vroom*

Girl and plane


Six-Pack formation


Funny pic :)

Our beautiful Perth!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails