05 December 2011

Student Again



"Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Oh! Back to school... back to school... back to school." - Billy Madison

I have lost count of the number of times I've seen Billy Madison, Steven and I used to watch every Adam Sandler movie on tv! Haha, we were huge fans back in the day.

Anyhoo, back to the blog. HR just confirmed my enrollment, I'm going back to being a student!

Scary huh! I think nearly three years away from academia has spoiled me. Memory is rather distant on exam prep and nightly readings. So far I've seen the course guideline which seems manageable, thank God. Apart from having online activities to complete, I have a project to do and just one exam covering all topics. Not too bad eh except that the textbook is really thick, so there will be lots of readings to do in a short period of time before the next scheduled training course. Thankfully that my manager has said I could study during work if it's not too busy. I'm yet to 'meet' my tutor, he/she is available via online chat hahaha what a great idea!

But I have the peace no matter what disadvantages are against me knowing that this study opportunity has been an answer of prayer. God worked to probe my manager in putting me up for more responsibility without my manipulative tactics ie nagging/whinging. On top of that, things have happened at work to enable this fast track, eg a new manager onbaord, one colleague's leaving and one colleague leaning more towards another team. I can see that God is in this because the timing is too spot on for it to be accredited to 'luck' or anything else. It really felt like that things have just fell into place without resistance from top management. 

O Thou fount of blessing, how I praise Thee for such marvelous lovingkindness to the feeble creature that I am. I pray that my results will indeed honour God.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails