22 September 2010

Optrex Eye Wash

If you sit in front of a computer all day long, as I do, you will know that by the end of the day, your eyes can be sore and tired. If this is you and if you haven't been sleeping enough lately, as I have been, I hope that you will find this entry helpful.

One morning I woke up and found that my eyes were drier & more irritated than normal. When I looked into the distance and couldn't see clearly, I started panicking. My panic and frustration escalated as I am not usually one to suffer with eye problems. My eyes felt really itchy and they were sore and red.



So when Christine bought me Optrex Eye Wash ($9.95), I was truly over the moon.

An 110mL of 'moisture replenishing formula balanecd at the natural pH lever of tears', claims to 'gently bathe, rehydrate and soothe uncomfortable eyes caused by everyday living'.

INGREDIENTS
-----------------------
Water
Hamamelis water
Boric acid
Glycerin
Borax
Benzalkonium chloride

*External use only
**Discard 3 months after opening



Did I mention that it comes with a cute little plastic eye bath?

Cuteness aside, its could do better with the design and be better shaped for the face. I find that solution leaks unless I press the eye bath rather tightly against my face.


DIRECTIONS
----------------------

1. Rinse eye bath with Wash immediately before and after use.
2. Gently pour Wash into eye bath until one third full.
3. Bend head slightly forward, holding eye bath by its base.
4. Place eye bath over the eye.
5. Slowly raise head with eye open so that the Wash flows freely over it.
6. Gently rock head from side to side for at least 30 seconds.
7. Discard any Wash left in eye bath.
8. Repeat Steps 1-6 for other eye with fresh Wash.

I keep my eye closed until the solution is upwards and then I open my eye and blinked my eyes while at the same time rocked my head from side to side.

Immediately after using this eye wash my eyes felt better.

The itch was gone and my eyes were moist and lubricated. The tightness I felt in my eyes earlier was greatly reduced and both my eyes felt very clean.

Amazed? You ain't seen nothing yet!

Ready to see my results?????

*DRUM ROLLS PLEASE...............................................................* !!




In the left eye, a short, broken eyelash.

Have you ever experienced the pain from an eyelash that got into your eye and starts scratching your eyeball? It hurts so bad yet you are too scared to 'pick' the lash out with your fingers! Ouchhh~~

And in the right eye:



One... Two... Three.. FOUR!! Four giant dusts!?!!

But wait there's MORE!


Another dust trickled down my eye with the leaked Wash.
(Notice how moist my eye is straight after using the Wash :))

But that's besides the point... How long have they been in my eyes?! No wonder the discomfort!

I was genuinely, and pleasantly, surprised. I had absolutely no idea that foreign bodies had invaded the precious windows to my Soul.

I found that Optrex Eye Wash was very gentle, it didn't sting nor cause irritation. After few hours though, the tense feeling returned and the redness was back. Having said that, my eyes still felt clean and refreshed. I think it's the lack of sleep that's making my eyes dry and tense.

I am going to permanently add Optrex Eye Wash to the medicine cabinet and use it to relieve my tired eyes and when something goes in my eye :) It is really good at flushing out things that shouldn't be there!

Now I know never to take my eyes for granted.

Sleep tight :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll want to add a facebook button to your blog. I just bookmarked this article, although I had to complete it manually. Simply my $.02 :)

- Robson

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are an expert in this field, good post and keep up the good work, my friend recommended me your blog.

My blog:
rachat credit personnel et Rachat De Credit ficp

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails