10 June 2009

Transperth Infringement Part II

First impression of the Infringement Office was that it's very small. Walking in I found two empty chairs, few scattered travel brochures and an unattended counter.

Several seconds after ringing the service bell, a middle aged woman emerged slowly from the back office.

"Yes?" Seemingly unhappy with the abrupt interruption to her prior engagement.

After explaining my situation, she asked if I was a student studying full time.

"Yes I am," I replied with as much certainty in my voice as possible.

Then there was an awkward moment of silence.

I don't think deep down in the woman's heart she truly believed my sincere story. Maybe too many people have tried to pull the same excuse on her and past experiences have made her more suspicious than ever.

"Show me your Smartrider".

Oh crap, how do I now explain that my Smartrider had gone with the wind?

"Umm... it's... ... ... ... ... ... lost..." Things are starting to look a little dodgy :(

"Well, in that case give me a letter from UWA printed on UWA's letterhead specifically addressed to Transperth stating that you are a full time student."

Yupp, I'm walking back to pay that $50 now.

"Wait... What about purchasing a new Smartrider? Load the new card number under your name on Studentconnect and that'll show up straightaway."

OoOoo I'm listening...

"After you've done that, call Transperth to report the old card as lost then they'll transfer the remaining balance from the old card to the new one."

But how long does this whole process take? Days? Weeks? Months?

"An hour, tops. Come back with the new Smartrider and if indeed what you're claiming is true, I'll lift that fine straightaway." Said the woman.

Cutting the story short, no complaint letter, no waiting, no $50 out of pocket! When I returned from uni half an hour later with a new shiny Smartrider in hand, case is closed and it's happy ending for everyone except the Asian guard. He's not going to be happy when he finds out that I won't be earning him a commission after all.


What a turn of events...

This is definitely not something I was expecting. The mastermind behind it all is God and Him alone, to Him only belongs all glory and priase!

And it is with no coincidence that I read Psalms 70 : 18-19 just days earlier which is also my prayer,

"Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only doeth wondrous things. And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amend, and Amen."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails