06 April 2009

Quarter of Century

Julia reached the quarter of century milestone yesterday.

She doesn't feel any different...

She does however feel very very loved and very very thankful.

Thankful to God for the gift of eternal life as well as loving me as His dear child. Thankful for my one-of-a-kind family as well as the blessing of special, special friends who mean ever so much to me. Thank God for the blessing of another year.

Didn't think about celebrating this year like every other year... But the opportunity came up so I was happy to go along with it.

03 April 2009:
Leah took me out for lunch at Kido Japanese Restaurant near UWA. Kido makes really delicious Saba fish and green tea ice cream.

04 April 2009:
In the morning at the annual Vose Seminary booksale I picked up lots of bargains! The most expensive book costed $3 and the cheapest was FREE! Yup, absolutely F.R.E.E.

At 6:15pm, we had dinner at K on Hay.

The 4 helium balloons at bargain prices

Prizes for game winners

Group photo inside the Carriage Way

Candle light

Party favor for everyone

When no one is looking...

Fred, Adrian and Kwanthar

Ribs - thumbs up for deliciousness

Pizza (Karen & Ruth)

Boys love meat

Salmon

Shirls' dinner













one happy bunch

Selina & Yi San

Kwanthar & Edward

Invasion.



The glow sticks brought out some serious talents. Throughout the night there were bomberman masks, chicken crown, grasshopper feelers, teletubbie antenna and totally random creations worthy of applause.

At the end of the night, our bill was undercharged by about $80. When we first told the manager she might have undercharged us, she looked to be in disbelief. "I couldn't have. Everything is computerised, there is no room for error." When we asked her to check again she gave exactly the same answer. Upon the third attempt it was established that she had given too much discount and amendments quickly made. We gave the manager of K on Hay a gospel track with the rest of the change :)

05 April 2009:
On my actual birthday I had to work in the restaurant. Christine came to wish me a happy birthday. Steven had a go at Christine's scooter and it looked like fun so I had a go too. 3 minutes later, I crashed ungracefully to the ground with the bike on top of me. A car drove past, I panicked and instead of pressing the breaks I accelerated. In a painful blur I saw everyone running past me toward the bike seeing if it was alright. Then I saw blood.

Dad cleaned the wounds while mum bandaged me up.

Everyone laughed loudly at my stupidity while I blamed them for urging me to try. Mum proclaimed rather cheerfully that now she will never have to buy a motor scooter for me. I've bugged her a couple of times for a pink Vespa but wasn't allowed because I might kill myself with it. Well now it is for sure that I will never own one.

Grazes on my knee.

At night time Vy booked a table at Tsunami for dinner. Here I am reading a card.

Birthday present one from Vy: Swarovski necklace.

Birthday present two from Vy: Gucci wallet.

Beef and seaweed salad

Dragon roll - my favourite! The eel was cooked to perfection!!! Definately one of the best I've had.

Wagyu steak on lava rock. Very nicely marbled, happy with the quality.

Salmon steak with sweet potato mash, zucchini and green tea noodles. Dinner came to $123.70 for two but the food was extremely yummy.

Wendy's ice cream cake - cookies and cream base, strawbery and wild berry roses with chocolate walls and writings.

Tsunami

Japnese garden

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails