14 April 2009

Forgiveness


Yesterday, I led a sinful life.

Today, the guilt is overwhelming. I spent some time singing and playing hymns thinking that this was a good excuse for avoiding the Bible. But just as I reached over to grab a bag, there my Bible was staring back at me.

God won, I lost.

Opening up to 2 Chronicles, I began reading chapter 6. Solomon led the people in prayer asking God to hear their prayers. The Temple of God had just finished building.

God spoke to Solomon in chapter 7:13-14, saying,

"If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

My God knew that I was feeling far from Him so He spoke to mine heart too. No one is exempt from sin, not even God's appointed kings (LA Bible).

Off to God now for forgiveness and restoration-ing. Sin should not drive me away from Him but toward Him for strength.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails