10 August 2010

My bag is so clever!



This is my bag.

There are many things about women and their handbags that men do not understand.

And to be quite frank, I don't either. Why is it that women lug around our belongings and men just have their wallets (and mobile phones)?

From conversations with other girls I've come to realise something. Many of us carry all that we need (and few what someone else could possibly want) because it's better to be prepared than to be caught without. A huge bag is all you need so you won't forget anything at home!





This is my over-sized, over-weight bag.

So my problems with having an enormous (but fashionable) bag that seemed like a good idea at the time of purchase, all in the name of 'convenience', are:

  1. Heavy. Weight training anyone?
  2. Never finding what you need when you need it. Talk about self-inflicted frustration!
  3. BHP - Black Hole Phenomenon. Once something goes in, it never comes out again.

Still... Will I ever live without a handbag?

Never.

Do I long for the past, when it was a sign of wealth and privilege to carry as small a handbag as possible?

Not really.

I need a solution, not total elimination! Deep down inside I'm glad that it's us women whom it's socially acceptable to be carrying bags and not men. We get all the fun :)


\(○^▽^○)/


So the solution. Here's something which Christine bought for me that I've been wondering why hasn't anybody out there invented one yet!! Hopefully things are going to change from now on.

For the better~!!



Thanks Chris ^^

In changing bags, I tipped everything out of the old bag and laid them on the floor. I found:



  1. Salted mixed nut
  2. Kugi breakfast cereal - yummy strawberry flavour
  3. Seam unpickers (sewing)
  4. Crown strawberry biscuits
  5. Breakfast museli bar (yogurt flavour)
  6. Tape measure
  7. Mood cards - Sisters Fellowship
  8. Thermo flask - bought this in Taiwan. Keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold!
  9. Breakfast cereal drink (soy flavour)
  10. Korean mobile charm
  11. Japanese Hello Kitty mobile charm
  12. Pandora catalogue - browsing for a gift


  1. Garage door remote control for parking for work
  2. Keys
  3. Work badge - purposely flipped over so you can't see my photo!
  4. Mobile phone for the next week before iPhone 4 arrives
  5. iPod Touch
  6. iPod/iPhone battery recharger
  7. VistaRabbit - Mini Lomo Camera
  8. Last TWYL tract
  9. Wallet
  10. 2010 Diary
  11. Book currently reading
  12. Organiser
  13. Pens
  14. Sermon & Bible reading notebook


  1. Sunnies
  2. Hair clip
  3. Contact lenses
  4. Comb
  5. SKII  for skin refreshment
  6. Golf tee
  7. 3D glasses - Rowas had tickets to see Step Up 3D. Forgot to take them out.
  8. Hand Shield - Christine introduced me to this wonderful product. It protects from skin irritants and keeps my hands moisturised for 4+ hours. It's also water resistant and has a lovely fragrance. I find it very handy especially working at the restaurant and when washing dishes. Dish washing liquid are too harsh... they dry my hands and gives me rashes, leaving my hands red for hours. Now I no longer need to wear gloves :)
  9. Golf balls
  10. Mascara
  11. Lip balm
  12. Jurlique hand cream
  13. Comb
  14. Waterless hand wash
  15.  Wet towels

Oh boy, no wonder I often complain about the 'invisible rock' in my bag and now I know why. The amount of things I carry around everyday is just ridiculous! I totally deserve the pain in my left shoulder.

This is what my bag looks like now after a good 'spring clean'. The best feature of the new bag is that it has built in dividers which gives every little thing its proper home.



 
It's been 3 days now since I've been using the new bag and seriously, the difference it makes in having everything organised is huge! I no longer waste my precious life on constantly finding items in my handbag!!


A sister happily ordered the same bag too after seeing mine on Sunday. Great choice!


    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails