24 June 2010

10 Steps to a Blessed Day III

(By Rowland Croucher and others)

Day 3:

TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY

I will carefully choose and guard my words,
being certain that I do not spread gossip,
slander or malign anyone in any way.

Good evening everyone! It is time for another blog entry on the progress of the challenge.

OK so this morning (yesterday), no drama. Zilch. A far cry from the mornings of Monday and Tuesday. I got up, got ready for work, walked to the bus stop and arrived with time to spare. The weather was slightly chilly plus a little drizzle of rain which made the stroll just beautiful. I soaked up every moment of it. Great start to the morning, tick!

8:05 am - Not long after leaving the house, I realised that I'd left my beloved iPod at home.

Nuuuu... :(

I am by no means a serial new-technology offender but I do love being able to read my bible, or blog, jot down random thoughts, listen to some music, or play games, or check my email while I'm on the go. I begin to feel sorry for myself... I just downloaded Ray Comfort's audio book last night and I was really looking forward to listening to it today.

8:25 am - I'm sitting on the train. I start to think about today's challenge - be careful about what I SAY... I wonder if this challenge applies to my thoughts as well? Ok now I'm thinking WHY did I just think that? Now the challenge definitely covers speech as well as thoughts. Today I will be careful about what I say AND think.

8:39 am - Can you believe it... I almost had an unkind thought about a complete stranger! It was something really random but definitely not something loving. Thank God for the challenge which nags me to be careful. I quickly bin the thought and say a quick prayer.

Walking up the escalator at the Perth Underground I came waist-to-face with a tall figure. Just as I looked up, this tall guy turned his head to look to the left... Lo and behold from the side of his face I matched that to the side of Caleb's face!

Everyday this week I've seen someone from church - Monday was Sarah, Tuesday was Rowena, and today da da da duh da dah Superman ♫ ~

2:13 pm -  Hasn't had any time for distracting thoughts, work actually kept me pretty occupied. Time now to take a quick break - I made a nice warm cup of cuppacino and sat down to watch the soccer. Nothing much happens otherwise... Simply work, learn, and apply. One thing odd today is that there're no email visitors... I also told myself that I wouldn't initiate though a few times I was really tempted but thank God I never gave in. Well our emails were never once the tools for spreading gossips or slender of any kind, I just thought that I'd be careful about my 'speech' today - as careful as God convicts my heart to.

When I got home after work and opened up my Gmail inbox, it actually took a while to download today's inbox. Later I found out that none of the conversations had included my work email address! I'm amazed at how God led things this way.

3:30 pm - Home time bell rings! Once more, work finished early... And very timely indeed because mum and I are going to Novetel tonight. Get home as quickly as possible to pack was on top of my agenda so there was no space left in my brain for distracting thoughts.


We checked in around 6pm just in time to use the gym, jacuzzi, sauna and spa.



Our room: modern furnishings with lots of trimmings and the softest, most sleep-inducing king-size bed.


We watched Bizzare Foods on Discovery Channel, it was pretty good! Mutton brain curry and roti prata... How interesting!



After using the hotel facilities we sat down to order dinner through room service.




This was what I had for dinner, Beef Burger with Fries and Side Salad - $25.

Ok so that was pretty much my day. I think the most significant event to which this challenge really kicked in was when at night time I received a call from Steven. He had a burden on his chest. Remembering today's challenge again I opted to practice more active listening than active talking. Having listened and thought through his words I was led to the conclusion that it's better for him to seek the counsel of a godly brother than that of his biased sister. I mean, family always side family even if it's just 1% over the line it is still biased. Steven is God's man so it's more important that God talks to him through godly brothers rather than me.

So the end of our hour long conversation was also the end of my day. Feeling the tire from over usage of gym equipments, mum and I drifted to Dream Land and called it a night.

Tomorrow:

I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE

Night night everyone :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails