22 June 2010

10 Steps to a Blessed Day II

(By Rowland Croucher and others)

Day 2:

TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY "ENEMY"
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly,
I will quietly ask God to bless that individual.

I understand the "enemy" could be a family member, neighbour, co-worker or stranger.

I lost my temper and it hasn't even been one hour yet since I'd opened my eyes. I was too bothered to check the time but it must have been just before 8 O'Clock as the time now says 8:10 am on my iPod.

"ENOUGH putting me down already and reverse to the right!" That, my friends, was the verbal form of my BRAIN imploding. I did it. I snapped. It happened so fast that 10 seconds later the war was over. I was genuinely surprised by the way those words came out but it felt good. Ever seen a kettle on the stove and when the water boils the kettle lets out a deafening whistle and out floods the steam? It felt better than that though the guilt afterward was overwhelming. I was still slightly annoyed by the time I was on the bus and since smoke bombs they don't exist, there is but one solution to shut the noise in my soul.

Pray.

I needed to ask for forgiveness and be set free from this terrible frustration. During prayer God convicted me of my side of the wedge. Regardless of what others do but if I am the cause to their behaviour then I am at fault against them and ultimately, against God. The sense of freedom and joy after praying felt 100 times better than the pleasure of sin. I've lost an "enemy" and gained back my dear brother.


Today's corporate look: Shirt - Miss Shop (Myer); Vest - Temp; Pants - Cue.

10:15 am - Micro break. Made myself a cuppa black tea and stayed away from the coffee machine as I've already had a cappuccino in the morning. This time I added sweetened cocoa powder instead of milo to the coffee and found a happy place!

12:22 pm - Lunch Time! I had a warm buttered roll and another cup of tea. There were many people in the cafe area again watching the World Cup. Buttered bread roll, can't get any safer lunch than this after yesterday's food embarrassment. Julia: 1, Crowd: 0.



3:22 pm - Another early finish today! By now my brain sounded an information overload warning so really thank God for finishing work early. I was going to meet Ling jie after work but it turned out to be Rowena who I saw and we caught the train home together... Such a wonderful blessing to have company to what is usually a very mundane trip! Definitely no enemy there :)

You must have noticed that I've kept to a short entry for today because the time is now almost 11 pm and I still need to shower and sleep. Thank God for today for practicing love and praying for my enemy. To overcome evil with God's good. Well in saying this I am by no means saying that Steven is the evil! I'm sure you guys understand what I mean. What Jesus taught in Matthew 5:44 "love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" contradicted to that of the Pharisees' and also our culture today. I must never conform to the world's standard of love and hate. I must follow in my Father's footsteps with all carefulness and diligence.

Have you prayed (for God's love) for your 'enemy' lately?

Tomorrow:

I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY

Till then, take care!


There are personal 'enemies' and there are spiritual 'enemies',

The world, Satan, and my flesh.

Overcome the world by separating from it - (1 John 2:15)
Overcome the flesh by denying it - (1 Peter 2:11)
Overcome the devil by resisting him - (James 4:7)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails