01 September 2008

Day One of Sept 30in30 [2008]

September 1st is ending in 26 minutes

The first day of Sept 30in30 has been so memorable. I remember looking forward to today so much that it actually feels surreal being in it. A bit like a kid being given a candy and she doesn't know where to start.

Early this morning armed with...


my friend and I drove up to Kings Park for some much needed exercise. This week we made a commitment to exercise and study. Being lazy was not an option.

Two activities on our mind were:
1. conquer the Kakoda Trail
2. climb the DNA Towers



The Kakoda Trail was actually not as bad as we'd thought! For our fitness level (or lack there of), the trail took just 15 minutes to complete and 10 minutes collapsing on the side of the road to recover. Jacob's Ladder was definitely more physically challenging than Kakoda Trail. A part of me was disappointed at the shortness of the trail while the other part delighted within. Less muscle soreness tomorrow is alright with me.

Early morning Kings Park

Climbing up the DNA Tower didn't take much effort at all, within minutes we were at the lookout, taking in beautiful sights of the world that God has made.

Vast green tree-tops which extend into the horizon, blue calm waters as well as gentle wind make us in awe of God's majesty. Being surrounded by evidences of God's existence almost brought a tear to my eye, reminds me of the hymn This is my Father's world

"...in the rustling grass I hear Him pass; He speaks to me everywhere...

Track BP3601 was given out at the DNA Towers. Just as we were about to leave, a middle aged couple got out of their car and walked towards us.

"Hey there," nods man.
"Hi! Are you exercising too? Nice weather isn't it? Here, this is for you." says Julia
"Oh! Thanks!" replies man,
"You are welcome, enjoy your day!" says Julia.

Track BP3601 exchanged hands. Thank God for the opportunity, thank God for giving me courage, my Father knows that I am weak and I'm so glad that He is strong.

"...God is the ruler yet."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails