21 August 2008

Seoul BBQ Buffet

Ok, so the Japanese buffet was mediocre

*cough*

Pretty soon it came time again of Vy and myself's regular Perth restaurant visit. "Where shall we go?" pondered us, "how about Korean buffet?" suggested I. Not wanting to risk another night of tummy ache this week, we decided to head to Seoul BBQ where I've previously been to for my b'day dinner.

"I am counting on you that it'll be good" threatened my little uni friend,

Oop.


This is when we have just started cooking :)


BBQ king prawns - reminds me of home sooo much!


Sauces are so important!


me displaying my rare culinary skills, doesn't take a chef to flip prawns around


Steamboat in the making

2 hot plates, 3 gas cans and 6 rounds later...


note to self: bbq'd prawns are hard to peel!

Disgustingly messy table, still bbq-ing... more prawns too~

What's left over of the kimchi steamboat

coconut saigo + fruit drink - my fave

Passion fruit ice cream

self made affogato


the "after" shot.

There you have it, a pictorial description of what 2 girls got up to in a buffet restaurant. We sure put our imaginations as well as creativity to work and made ourselves a kimchi steamboat, bbq dimsims, bbq prawns, bbq fishballs, bbq mussels, bbq squids, bbq everything actually and an affogato.

The waitress and waiter kept asking if we'd like them to bring us more meat and happily cleared our dishes and changed the hot plate. No one gave us dirty looks for having big appetites (or maybe they did just that we were too busy eating to notice) nor took forever to deliver service. Food is fresh (YAY), nicely presented, deliciously marinated.

The only downside is perhaps that the coconut saigo drink is not refilled and coffee is canned instant powder. But then again I'm happy to overlook that as everything else remained consistent since my last visit in April.

At $38 p/h (2 bucks cheaper than Jap), i give it 4.5 prawns out of 5.

Top up the coconut saigo drink!

Oh, my friend and I are on talking terms, hehe :")

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails