18 January 2010

Hot Hot HOT!!!



I changed my mind about liking Summer after three consecutive days of 40C-plus temperature. As the extreme heat wave hit Perth with great vengeance, I'm temporarily evicted out of both my rooms upstairs.

The advantage of living in a two-storey house is that the ground floor remains pleasantly cool as the upper floor turns into one gigantic concrete-heated sauna. With absolutely no desire whatsoever to leave an air conditioned house, I'm also a prisoner in my own home.

So for now, and the next few days at least, my bed is the carpeted floor and my pillow a couch cushion. Also instead of the usual Windows desktop (2nd floor), I'm learning and using a Mac (1st floor).

Yet being 'stuck' downstairs isn't a bad thing at all! Right next to me are my family going about their activities which I would not be a part of if I was upstairs. Cooking dinner with mom and dad as well as winning Steven's pocket money over Mahjong provided good distraction from this nasty heat...

THIS nasty heat makes me anticipate our going away in March to Taiwan and Hong Kong more! It'll be Spring then YAY!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails