01 December 2008

Toraya

The Le-Sun vehicle (aka silver Honda Civic soon-to-be red Mazda 3) stopped outside Toraya in Subiaco on Saturday evening.

Ok so it took a while to find parking because it's Subi and because it's a Saturday, but the waitress welcomed us speaking authentic Japanese so that's definately a good start.

First impression of Toraya was that it's small, cosy and nicely decorated. Upon flipping open the menu I was pleased to find Dragon Roll listed.

...and at only $15, double the happiness :)

Wagyu Steak! Yes Please!!

Dragon Roll - I was disappointed to find that unlike the one's I'm used to, only the first and last sushi had grilled eel...

At Toraya they give you crayons to freely draw on the table clothe (made of paper) while food is being cooked. This is a good idea as food took heaps long to come out.

Pictorial description of Vy's family.

Testing out the silver crayon

Vy

Seafood Salad

All fresh ingredients:)

Tempura - eel, oyster, scallop, prawns, etc etc.

My steak :) :) :)

Alright, so here is the verdict:
  • I liked the steak, premium beef and the sauce was delicious.
  • Dragon roll - v. nice but like I said, only 2 pieces of the 8 had eel.
  • Seafood Salad - not sure about the mayo swirl, eating this made me miss Matsuri's seafood salad...
  • Tempura - not sure about the batter too, a little too crumbly for me.
  • As we were sitting outside, food became cold quickly, so seats inside the cafe is highly recommended.
  • Food was on the salty side - ask for less salt next time.
I must say though it was quite an enjoyable evening. It was strange that lights were switched off just before 10pm which put us off from wanting deserts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails