09 February 2009

Day One of Project Yes!

This morning waking up I had totally forgotten about the whole "Yes!" idea...

Which shall explain why I said 'no' to mum when she made me lunch,
why I said 'no' to Karen when she invited us for lunch,
why Rowena said to have Subway today I said 'no',
and why when she offered to pay for drinks I said 'no'.
I also said 'no' to $3.00 King Kong Koala keyrings,
and when Jacqui added Nandos chilli sauce to her salt and vinegar chips I screamed 'NOOOOOOOOO!!'.

That's it. It's all over.



So maybe today's not exactly the 'perfect' start but in hindsight I ended up bringing mum's lunch with me, offered to go lunch tomorrow instead, bought the koala keyrings from another shop which ended up being 10c cheaper and tried the seemingly gross chips when Jacqui offered. I must admit... they do taste surprisingly nice!


At the end of Day One, I have become more sensitive to times I reply 'no' to someone. Now I'd say 'no' and then think in my head 'oh no I'd just said no!'. By the way not that saying 'no' is a taboo or a superstition, personally for me it's more like changing a bad habit, the bad habit of rejecting people selfishly. Thank God for today's lessons :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails