26 March 2008

UWA Fellowship

Today was the first time I joined the UWAF this year. Normally it's held on Tuesdays @ 1pm but today at the request of a few others, it's moved to Wednesdays @ 1pm! And... of course, Julia goes *yay*

Meeting up with UWAFers mid week really does make being at uni more bearable. I called it:

The final-year-student syndrome

Symptoms include but not limited to:

- a large number of broken alarm clocks due to frustration
- an increased frequency of attending stream 2 lectures because you have overslept and missed stream 1 in the morning
- reduced walking speed, the skip in your walk is long gone
- the reduction in size and possibly complete absence of a physical "school bag"
- extreme mental alertness at any "quarter-to" hour

My apologies for the crude generalization of tertiary population. Maybe I'm the only victim to this final-year-student syndrome, or maybe the infection rate is 90%... But one thing I know for certain is that UWAF shines a beam of light during school weeks. A light so bright and pure that arches the corners of my mouth upwards.

Thank God for UWAF. Thank God for blessing UWAF with willing hands who strive to return glory to Him. I pray that I'll play a part in this service to Him and be of encouragement to other brothers and sisters. To be more on the giving side and less on the receiving side.

- All Glory To God -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails